Friday, May 16, 2014

The Completed Shark


This week I finished my final piece.  I think this project turned out really well.  I think it's one of my best pieces and I'm really proud of it.  The detail in this piece is not too much but not too little.  The hardest part of this project was shaping the shark.  I found the nose to be a struggle to make.  The mouth and teeth were also difficult to do but I think it turned out nicely.  I'm really happy this piece turned out the way it did and I think it's a great was to end the year. 

Friday, May 9, 2014

Beginning The Shark


This week we are starting a new piece. This is my last project of the year so I get to pick what I want to do.  I'm chosing to make a shark in a boat.  I'm really excited to do this piece and I hope it turns out the way I want it to.  So far I've created the base and the boat.  I want to make the shark look like it's coming out of the boat.  If this turns out the way I hope, I think it will be a really cool project, maybe one of my best. 

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Finishing Textured Vessel



This week I finished constructing my textured vessel. I put all the shells on and carved some in. Once my piece dries a little more, I plan to carve designs onto the shells. I want to make them look as close to a shell as possible. I think this will be a little difficult but not impossible. I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

Friday, April 25, 2014

Beginning the textured piece



This week we began our new project.  We have to make a textured piece.  I decided to make a column with shells on it.  I made the shells pop out and carved in.  I also didn't make an ordinary column.  The column has a curve that goes over the top to represent a wave.  I plan to make a base but I'm not sure how I'm going to structure it yet.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Finishing the Project


This week I finished my project. Since the roof is so busy I didn't want to make the body too detailed. For the body part I ended up keeping most of it simple. I traced frames around the windows and made it look like it was made of bricks. The piece came together very nicely. I think it flows well and looks neat. 

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Creating the Personal Relation




This week I finished constructing my lantern. Now I have moved on to the designs. On the roof I am doing a volleyball-related design. I think it's turning out really well and it does look similar to a volleyball. I'm still not sure on what design I am going to do for the rest of the piece. I think I want to do more line designs to keep it consistent. 

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Continuing The Lantern

This week I continued working on my Japanese lantern. I have proceeded to put the walls together and shape them like a volleyball. Curving the walls to resemble a circular shape was hard, but once I put them on the stand and started it turned out easier then I expected. I'm not completely done curving them but I've started. My piece is a little large, which makes it take a little longer to build. I plan on starting to work on the roof next.